Trip Report, Day 3, Part 2: Dinner

Hi, everyone.  This is going to be an extremely short post, as there truthfully wasn't much to talk about regarding dinner.  The hosts were very generous with the liquor, which was wine and beer, and the food was good, although mostly approachable Western and Chinese food, but I was feeling sicker than I was earlier in the day, so I did not eat or drink much and ended up tuning in pretty early.  We did get to witness a great Korean dance performance that was a "Korean Fusion" performance, which I think was fusion between old dance styles and themes and newer music and dance moves.  The performance was great, featuring illuminated masks and outfits that were timed with their dance moves, and later in the performance they featured a traditional outfit.  The coolest feature about this outfit is the hat, on top of which protrudes a long ribbon which the dancer spins around.

Today, I've been mostly working on my presentation, a project, and a final, so I really won't have much to say about today besides perhaps what we have for dinner tonight and another delicious box lunch today.  One thing about the box lunch, though (and this is to see if my wife, Lindsey, is really reading these), is that I found out that what I was told was pickled squid is actually salted and fermented cuttlefish, which will surely devastate her, since I ate it both two days ago and today before I realized what it was.

I promise that since the conference ends tomorrow, I will have much more interesting blogs towards the end of my trip!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you ate cuttlefish! That's almost as bad as eating shark or sting ray! We don't eat our friends!

    ReplyDelete